Thursday, January 03, 2008

My Halloween

That's what I tend to call New Years.
It's the one day of the year that I don't dress like the butchest straight chick I know.

So, complete with contacts, skirt, unsensible shoes and (gasp!) makeup, I made my way to a nearby bar to hang out with some friends and ring in the new year.

All in all a pretty good night. Drank far too much - go figure - this is what happens when you pay forty bucks to drink for five hours.

Also made the final move in a little dance I'd been doing with one of the regulars that I hang out with. Not a bad night. I mean really, who doesn't like to start the new year off by getting laid, right? Although it did make for one of the longer walks of shame I've made in recent years, especially considering it had snowed, it was now 10AM and I was still dressed up, if a little disheveled. Ah well, the price you pay.

What else. Well, did make it to Massachusetts for the holidays to see family, so that went well enough. One of the first times in several years that there was a lot of snow on the ground. Extremely picturesque and time with the family was pretty enjoyable. Not to mention I made it through the holidays without gaining weight. Actually, I weigh ten pounds less than I did at Halloween so progress is being made. It's a bonus that it's chilly out and I've been subsisting on soups - comforting yet low fat.

That's about it for me.
I know I haven't been posting lately but really, there hasn't been that much to post about. Not to mention I still can't see very well so it's not the easiest thing to sit and try to type accurately.
Don't know when I'll be back, but if nothing else, I have my blogger account to I can comment at other sites, which one day I'll get around to doing as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home